Boom Library - Turbine - SFX/motor-design plugin

Mac & PC, lydkort, Logic Pro, Cubase, Pro Tools, Ableton Live og andet software.
Nyt svar
Medlemsavatar
Christoffer I. N.
Lydmaskinist
Sted: Hørsholm

Boom Library - Turbine - SFX/motor-design plugin

Indlæg af Christoffer I. N. »

På med hovedtelefonerne, eller glo den foran dine monitors:

http://www.boomlibrary.com/sound-effects/turbine/

Det ser ud til at de har lavet en god serie videoer med gennemgang af interface og hjælp til at komme igang:

Medlemsavatar
Christoffer I. N.
Lydmaskinist

Can you tell us about the sounds – where are they from and what lies behind the real time processing we hear when playing with the various parameters?

I love to get this question and luckily I hear that a lot with mostly surprised reaction when the answer follows. This actually is exactly what we aimed for. There are no recordings, the whole installer download including the manual and Mac and PC installer is only 145 MB – no space for any good audio in that. There is a lot going on under the hood, including several FFT filters, generators, several on the spot calculated impulse responses and even three Lorenz attractors for more modulation deriving from the Chaos Theory. The Turbine is rather CPU heavy because a ton of information is getting processed and calculated on a sample accurate basis in realtime, for example the speed and position of the turbine in the simulator and similar things. Even though it is in fact a calculated audio output, the basis of the sound are real values of the corresponding real life turbine, such as how many stages does the engine have, how many blades per fan / compressor / turbine and so forth.

Meget mere info i det her interview fra A Sound Effect:
https://www.asoundeffect.com/boom-turbi ... r-plugins/

Medlemsavatar
the19thbear
Medlem
Sted: Roskilde

Indlæg af the19thbear »

Jeg har prøvet den til lyddesign i et computerspil.
Den er meget sjov men også lidt begrænset i lyden synes jeg. Jeg ville ønske at man kunne loade egne loops ind i den, så ville der være flere muligheder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Medlemsavatar
Christoffer I. N.
Lydmaskinist

Siden den ikke arbejder med samples bliver det jo lidt svært. :)

Medlemsavatar
the19thbear
Medlem
Sted: Roskilde

Indlæg af the19thbear »

Jeps. Det er jo det jeg mener;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Medlemsavatar
Christoffer I. N.
Lydmaskinist

Men det kunne måske være en fremtidig service eller feature fra dem, at man kunne få deres software til at "lære" en lyd man propper ind.

Nyt svar