Podcast: Hidden Brain, relateret til musik

Musikbranche og ophavsrettigheder, musikteori, artister, sange og videoer, butikker.
Nyt svar
Medlemsavatar
Graceville
Medlem
Sted: 2300

Podcast: Hidden Brain, relateret til musik

Indlæg af Graceville »

Hidden Brain er en super interessant podcast. Meget klogt & super godt formidlet om forskellige emner der handler mest om kultur & mentalitet & menneskelig adfærd i forskellige situationer.

Findes som podcarsten på itunes & andre streamingtjenester.

Såsnart jeg støder på noget der handler om musik, så vil jeg gerne poste det her.

Første er afstnittet "You 2.0: Rebel With A Cause" som handler om, at 'nytænkning/civil ulydighed/novice blandt eksperter' kan skabe fremskridt, fordi en novice (eksempelvis) i sin lykkelige uvidenhed, bevæger sig ud på nyt land som en ekspert ikke ville, fordi han holder sig til sin cementerede teori om verden, mens en novice stiller spørgsmål.

Her omhandlende et forskningsforsøg med gode guitarister der bliver bedt om at vende guitaren om/spille vh-guitar. Kan oversættes til andre instrumenter & situationer:

TRANSKRIPT-UDDRAG:

"GINO: This is a study by Ting Zhang. And she was fascinated by this idea that once you are an expert, it's very difficult to look at problems with the eyes of a novice. And so one way she thought she could address this very issue is by asking expert to relive the experience of being a novice. So in one of her studies, she recruited experienced people who played guitar.

(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)

VEDANTAM: She asked some of them, the control group, to play as they would on a typical day. Of course they sounded great.

(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)

VEDANTAM: She asked the others to play a song with their non-dominant hand. Lefties played with their right hand. Right-handed people played with their left hand. It instantly made them feel like beginners again.

GINO: The experience is very humbling because you're sort of reminded of what it is that you knew and didn't know as you started. And when she compared the advice that these people were giving to others who were interested in learning how to play the guitar, the advice was much more helpful when it came to the second group of people rather than the group of people who played the guitar as you would usually do.

VEDANTAM: As I'm hearing you tell me about the guitar study, it reminds me of something else you have in the book, this insight that in many fields, the people who are the innovators are often not the people who've been in those fields for extended periods of time, that it's often the newcomers to a field who have just about enough information to have mastered the rules but have not spent so much time in the culture that they've become hidebound.

These are the people who are actually able to take the culture and move it in new directions. You talk about the role of how this works in science. There have been people who've tried to solve scientific problems by inviting people who are not necessarily science experts but people who are outsiders.

GINO: It's quite interesting to think about the fact that probably all of us have had at some point in our lives or another a moment in which we were trying to tackle a problem where we felt we were the expert, but we were stuck, and we were not able to come up with a solution. And what is interesting is that when we in fact bring in people who might not have the right expertise, they're going to look at the problem from a very different perspective. And that type of difference in perspective, in opinions, in the way you're looking at and analyzing the problem can be quite powerful in helping you find a solution."
Medlemsprofil midlertidig deaktiveret af eget valg

Medlemsavatar
Graceville
Medlem
Sted: 2300

Indlæg af Graceville »

Hidden brain: Counting other peoples blessings

Handler om misundelse i forskellige afskygninger, også den forbudte følelse: 'shadenfreude'.

Eksempler i Homer Simpsons 'shadenfreude' mod Flanders & Salieris 'shadenfreude' mod Mozart (i filmen).

I ølbrygningens, stand up komikkens & litteraturens verden (fjendskab mellem forfattere) & mange andre steder, forekommer shadenfreude, så jeg tænker det er en ret interessant fænomen, jf. tråden om 'Hvad motiverer jer' http://lydmaskinen.dk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=79415
Medlemsprofil midlertidig deaktiveret af eget valg

Nyt svar