Jasons Blog

Medlemmernes egne blogs om musik, teknik og hverdag.
Forumregler
Kun 1 blog pr. bruger.
Nyt svar
Medlemsavatar
Studio3.dk
Medlem
Sted: Juelsminde, Denmark

Jasons Blog

Indlæg af Studio3.dk »

Since it's the first day of a whole new year, It seems like a reasonable time to start a "blog" :-D
I'll write it in english as this seems more natural to me since I'm from Scotland :wink:
Please feel free to comment or ask questions.. (in english or Danish) You can try in another language I just won't know what you are saying :-P

ok here goes.....

A little background info.
Jason Dove, 38 years old, married , two kids, one girl and one boy.
Played music professionally since I was 18 years old (accordion, keys, vocal)
Won the scottish championship for accordion at the age of 14
British champion with orchestra at the age of 15
World champion with band at age of 18
Record contract with one of Scotlands leading record labels shortly after.
Toured throughout the world with different bands until beginning to play in Denmark
Played a record 250 different gigs in one year
Played as session musician on around 30 Recordings
Play around 100 gigs a year in Denmark.
Have used the last several years restoring an old pre-school which incorporates a fully functional recording studio :-D
Hope to be finished soon. :-P February to be precise.
Have spent all my extra cash on studio gear and instruments including an Amek Hendrix mixer and a protools HD2 system with 2xDigidesign 192 Interfaces + milliones of other gear.
Has restored loads of cars from morris minis to hotrods and is still asked to do so often, but only do so if I need money to buy music stuff :-P
Has joined the Apple "rush" two years ago and now owns 2xG5's, 1 x macBook pro, 1x Ipad and an Iphone.
Has owned a musicshop in Vejle for the last five years which I am now closing to concentrate on other things.

Well there was a few quick facts about me. More to follow.

Welcome to my blog :thumbup: and Happy New year to you all.

Medlemsavatar
Studio3.dk
Medlem

Indlæg af Studio3.dk »

Back to the shop in Vejle tommorow after several days with the family. The month of January I'll concentrate on selling out of the last stock in the shop and planning the future. Evenings will hopefully be filled with more building of the house and studio so it can be finished ASAP! Considered selling my Groove Tubes "the brick" today but at the last minute decided to keep it :-P
I once heard a wize old man say "never sell ANY of your gear" and after selling other stuff have often regreted it years afterwords. :roll:
I'm really looking forward to getting my newly purchased grand piano home and the end of the month, it's a used Bechstein approx. 2m30 deep! and have already found a home for the old upright. I'm hoping to "arrange" the piano movers to lift the Amek Hendrix upstairs to it's rightful place when they deliver the Bechstein. I've loaned some of my microphones to my good friend Morten Husted at OutHouse studios near Kolding but I'll be stealing them back soon. I hope I'll be needing them myself soon at Studio3 :wink: :-D

Jason

Medlemsavatar
Studio3.dk
Medlem

Indlæg af Studio3.dk »

Finay after al the waiting the Bechstein Grand piano arrived yesterday :-D It's 2.30 metres deep and has a bass end that shakes glasses :thumbup: My Amek Hendrix was supposed to be moved upstairs yesterday too however the removal guys said "no way" until I removed the whole staircase. Staircase removed and they returned today and hey presto after three hours the mixer was on the first floor :-D Pictures to follow......

Medlemsavatar
Studio3.dk
Medlem

Indlæg af Studio3.dk »

photos of Amek "flytning" :shock:
Vedhæftede filer
DSC_0545.jpg
DSC_0545.jpg (11.39 KiB) Vist 2294 gange
DSC_0544.jpg
DSC_0544.jpg (11.96 KiB) Vist 2298 gange
DSC_0537.jpg
DSC_0537.jpg (11.76 KiB) Vist 2296 gange
DSC_0532.jpg
DSC_0532.jpg (16.02 KiB) Vist 2299 gange
DSC_0531.jpg
DSC_0531.jpg (14.23 KiB) Vist 2295 gange
DSC_0529.jpg
DSC_0529.jpg (17.55 KiB) Vist 2295 gange
DSC_0528.jpg
DSC_0528.jpg (18.61 KiB) Vist 2295 gange

Medlemsavatar
Christoffer I. N.
Lydmaskinist
Sted: Hørsholm

Indlæg af Christoffer I. N. »

Det var da noget af en flytning.. :shock:

Medlemsavatar
Studio3.dk
Medlem

Indlæg af Studio3.dk »

haha! ja det vare det :-P Jeg gider ikke flytte den ned igen.

Medlemsavatar
Morten B
Forum Donator
Sted: Søvind

Indlæg af Morten B »

Det kan jeg satme godt forstå :wink:

Men det var sikkert meget tilfredsstillende da den kom på plads.

Medlemsavatar
Studio3.dk
Medlem

Indlæg af Studio3.dk »

Another small update... Been working all the hours of the day trying to get ready for recording next Sunday. Bought a "Drage Kiste" (I think thats what it's called) and wooptee you have an instant mic stand and cable storage. Also got some of the gear mounted into it's relevant places. I've decided to move the desk the other way as it's just taking up too much room when it is against the sloping walls. I recieved a mail from Auralex with the drawing and recommendation for room treatment so I'll need to look at these issues in the not to distant future. I've managed to make the guitar wall today also. Ten guitars all lined up as you come up the stairs. It looks great and the trick is that you don't even notice it as you go up the stairs, it's only when you first turn round to go back down the stairs you notice the mass of guitars. LOL! Will hopefully begin wiring things back up tommorow and begin checking that things still work after the mixer move. It better all work or I'll be working round the clock to get it ready for Sunday...
Vedhæftede filer
DSC_0554.jpg
DSC_0554.jpg (7.81 KiB) Vist 2194 gange
DSC_0553.jpg
DSC_0553.jpg (8.68 KiB) Vist 2188 gange
DSC_0552.jpg
DSC_0552.jpg (7.66 KiB) Vist 2191 gange
DSC_0549.jpg
DSC_0549.jpg (9.05 KiB) Vist 2186 gange
DSC_0548.jpg
DSC_0548.jpg (9.13 KiB) Vist 2189 gange
DSC_0546.jpg
DSC_0546.jpg (7.46 KiB) Vist 2186 gange

Medlemsavatar
Studio3.dk
Medlem

Indlæg af Studio3.dk »

Bit more up to date photos. Everything's not quite in place but I'm getting there!!
Vedhæftede filer
DSC_0568.jpg
DSC_0568.jpg (9.2 KiB) Vist 2135 gange
DSC_0562.jpg
DSC_0562.jpg (7.47 KiB) Vist 2150 gange
DSC_0559.jpg
DSC_0559.jpg (8.99 KiB) Vist 2138 gange
DSC_0557.jpg
DSC_0557.jpg (6.16 KiB) Vist 2134 gange

Medlemsavatar
Studio3.dk
Medlem

Indlæg af Studio3.dk »

I'd like to offer 2/3 days in the studio for free! for one lucky band, soloist, duo or other group. No strings attached I just want to check out the new setup, connections etc, etc. If you are interested send me a mail either here or at jason@studio3.dk Dates are flexible... so what you waiting for? Get in touch!!!!

Medlemsavatar
Studio3.dk
Medlem

Indlæg af Studio3.dk »

I'd like to offer 2/3 days in the studio for free! for one lucky band, soloist, duo or other group. No strings attached I just want to check out the new setup, connections etc, etc. If you are interested send me a mail either here or at jason@studio3.dk Dates are flexible... so what you waiting for? Get in touch!!!!

Medlemsavatar
Studio3.dk
Medlem

Indlæg af Studio3.dk »

A quick video of the control room

Nyt svar